Braided Hairstyle: Simple and Easy Braided
Alice Band for Your Hair
Single, plaited braids are a great way to add some style to your hair. Even better than that, they are quick and easy to do and look great as a summer style.
Try braiding your hair on the sides to create a very chic, very Bohemian alice band with your own hair!
All you need is
- soft, clean hair,
- two clear mini elastic bands and
- two bobby pins in a color that matches your hair tone
How to do it
- Start with clean, dry hair.
- Add some mousse to your hair to give it some texture and a base to work with.
- Work a small drop of hair silicone into the sides of your hair. This will help to keep the hair together and avoid having pieces of hair flying out the braid.
- Part your hair down the middle.
- Begin with one side. In the position where you want the braided alice band to start (just in front of the ear is a good position), grab a section of hair, about one inch thick, from underneath, closest to your hairline.
- You can clip the rest of the hair away up, so that it doesn't get in the way.
- Begin to plait your hair outwards, but starting as close to the hairline as possible.
- Once you have plaited it all the way down, secure it at the end with a clear elastic band — the smaller the better.
- Do exactly the same on the opposite side, so that you have two braids on either side of your head.
- Release the rest of your hair and using a brush or comb, smooth out the rest of your hair.
- Take one braid and lift it over your head, clipping it in with a bobby pin. Try to conceal the pin underneath the hair so that it doesn't show.
- Take the second braid and do the same, in the opposite direction. Tuck the end underneath the first braid and using the second bobby pin, secure it tightly.
- Spritz with a small amount of hair spray and you're done.
Copyright 2009: Remedium. This article may not be copied, in whole or in part, without the written consent of Remedium.