|Home A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|Home F Fashion Mistakes: Men's Ten Most Common Fashion Mistakes|
Men's Ten Most Common Fashion Mistakes
If you’re trying to make a good first impression, you’ll want to avoid these fashion mistakes.
1. Pants That Don’t Fit: Great fitting pants are the right length – not too short or too long. They should be long enough to cover your socks and short enough not to drag on the ground or bundle at the front. Great fitting pants do not droop in the back and are not tight.
2. Improper Footwear: Wear shoes that are in good condition, clean, shined and in good repair. Nothing ruins an outfit like rundown shoes or shoes that are the wrong style for the outfit.
3. The Wrong Tie: Avoid ties that are too short, too long or do not match your shirt and or suit. Also, be very selective where and when you wear novelty ties.
4. The Wrong Accessories: Do not wear eyeglasses in unbecoming shapes or in unflattering colors.
5. Socks That Don’t Match: Wearing socks the wrong color; socks that are too short or socks that are too thin are instant image busters.
6. Wearing Short Sleeve Shirts as Dress Shirts: Short sleeve shirts are not the right shirts to wear with a tie, nor do they project a professional image.
7. Unflattering Hairstyles: Hairstyles that are from another decade or wearing your hair parted in the middle are not flattering.
8. Good Grooming: Do not neglect personal grooming habits such as a daily shower or shaving. Be aware of the image you are projecting when you decide to shave or not to shave.
9. Inappropriate Briefcase or Luggage: Do not carry a canvas bag or backpack when wearing a suit. When travelling make sure your luggage reflects a professional image.
10. Wrinkled Clothing: Always hang clothes properly, do not over dry-clean your suits and steam your jacket and pants instead of pressing.
©Copyright 2007 Sheila Dicks
Glossary References Links Contact