|Home A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|Home Other Articles Egypt Tourist Attraction: Pyramid of Giza|
Egypt Tourist Attraction: Pyramid of Giza
* The Great Pyramid of Giza is the only remaining remnant of the Seven Wonders of the World.
* Today, Giza is part of Cairo.
* It is believed that the Great Pyramid of Giza took 20 years to build.
* Today, Giza is enclosed with other pyramids and the Sphinx in the tourist region of the Giza Plateau.
* Giza was 481 feet high when it was erected. It has since lost about 30 feet from the top.
* For 43 centuries Giza was the tallest structure in the world. It lost that distinctive title during the 19th century.
* Giza was built using two million stone blocks that weigh about two tons each. How were the blocks lifted?
Glossary References Links Contact