Heart Disease, Stroke and Women:
Catch a Wake-Up!
disease and stroke kill more women worldwide than cancer, HIV/Aids, malaria
and TB combined. Yet we still think of heart disease as a manís problem.
Time to change that, so get your blood pressure and cholesterol checked,
and take an honest look at your exercise and eating habits. Keep your
heart happy and healthy by:
- Exercising regularly for 20 minutes or more, at least 3 times a week
- Maintaining a good body mass index (BMI) of between 20 and 25
- Eating plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Avoiding smoking and drugs
- Avoiding saturated fats like butter.