|Home A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|Home W Weight Loss: Lose Weight; Feel Great|
Lose Weight; Feel Great
Many people search for a pill, a special diet or some other quick fix to lose weight. The key to weight loss and good health is changing bad habits and developing a healthy lifestyle. If those new diets are not helping you, here are some tips that will.
1. Mistake number one is skipping meals in an effort to lose weight. When you starve yourself your body reacts by holding on to fat. Also, when you do eat you are hungrier and are more likely to eat foods that are high in fat and calories. Skipping meals during the day will lead to eating later which will give you less time to burn off those calories.
2. Eat more often and smaller portions during the day. Plan your meals and choose foods that are good for you. Cut and slice fruits and vegetables and store them in your fridge along with other snacks like yogurt, cheese, nuts etc.
3. Stay away from junk food. Free your cupboards from foods high in calories and fat so you won't be tempted.
4. Stay away from "new" diets. Most of them are unhealthy and
if they do work it is only for a short period of time. No matter what
people tell you, there are no quick fixes to losing weight; it takes time
and determination. Get started by choosing a healthy eating plan like
Food Guide to Healthy Eating.
5. Get to know your foods and what they contain. You may be eating foods that you think are good for you but are giving you added calories.
6. Changing your eating habits is only half the battle. If you want to be slimmer and healthier, you will need to exercise. Losing weight means taking in fewer calories than you need. It will be easier to reach your desired weight if you fit exercise into your life. Find an activity that you like and do it.
7. Log your workout schedule and reward yourself for sticking to your
goals. Once you have adopted a healthy lifestyle you will become stronger
and will be more motivated to stay on track.
Article by Sheila Dicks.
Glossary References Links Contact