Beauty Tricks to Keep Mature Skin
As much as we may try to fight it, aging is inevitable. Every woman wants to look fresh and youthful. Many make the common mistake of hiding their age behind a mask of makeup. The wrong types of makeup can often leave them looking “fake” and sometimes even older.
So how do you keep a youthful glow? Models Direct, a talent and modeling agency believes that makeup should be used to highlight your beauty and to draw attention away from flaws in your complexion.
Here are a few tips to help your mature skin look more radiant, fresh and flawless, even over 40.
- Invest in a high quality moisturizer and one that has been specifically developed for a more mature skin type.
- Light-diffusing face and eye primers will give your skin a softer, more glowing complexion.
- Skin serums that feed the skin with vitamins and nutrients are a good investment.
- When choosing foundations, highlighters and concealers, opt for a cream or mousse formulation that offers light-reflecting particles.
- Be careful of over plucking your eyebrows. Use a soft eye shadow brush to fill in any thinning areas of the brow.
- Stick to cream shadows in natural shades such as soft browns, plums, peaches and taupe and avoid shimmer shadow.
- Blend a small amount of cream blush on the apple of the cheeks. Hues of peach and pink are good color options.
- Avoid dark colors on the lips and stay away from lip liner. Instead use soft pinks, peaches and berry shades.