Makeup Tip: Plump Up Your Lips
Ever since Angelina Jolie hit our big screen, women all over the world have been searching for ways to plump up their lips. Some have even gone to extremes, such as collagen injections.
However, you don't need a plastic surgeon to achieve sexy, plump lips. All you need is a bit of practice, the right tools and the clever tips and tricks that makeup artists use to achieve amazing, kissable results.
- The first step to seriously sexy lips is to ensure you have moisturized lips. Start off by exfoliating your lips with a gentle exfoliating brush or a toothbrush, using gentle circular motions and finish off by applying lip balm.
- Next you need to create a primer, a blank canvas to begin weaving your magic. To do this, apply foundation over the face and lips, fading out your natural lip line.
- Using a loose powder, dust some over your lips, which will help to secure the foundation.
- Choose a lip liner pencil that is as close to your natural lip line as possible. Pencil in the lines, around your natural lip lines, but not on your natural lip lines. The idea is to extend your lip line slightly, but not too dramatically as you will look like Bozo the clown.
- Next, using the same lip liner pencil, and using light strokes, color in the base of your lips as if you were coloring in a sketch. Work the color in by smudging and blending it into your lip surface using a lip brush or ear bud.
- Now that you've created a larger mouth, apply a dab of clear lip gloss only on the top and bottom of your lips and avoid the outer corners. This will make the center of your lips really stand out.
- Finish off the look with a dot of congealer dabbed at the top center of your upper lip and bottom center of your lower lip.
- Have a look in the mirror and ensure you are happy with your results. Pout your lips and kiss, kiss!
Copyright 2007: Remedium. This article may not be copied, in whole or in part, without the written consent of Remedium.