|Home A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|Home Q Quotes on Love, Life, and Friendship|
Quotes on Love, Life, and Friendship
"True love can blind you but at the same time if you let it, it can
also open your eyes."
2. "Love and electricity are one in the same, my dear. If you do
not feel the jolt in your soul every time a kiss is shared, a whisper
is spoken, a touch is felt, then you're not really in love at all."
3. "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both
together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul
4. "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
5. "I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then
there is no hurt, but only more love."
6. "If you would be loved, love and be lovable."
7. "Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight
in the recognition."
8. "True love never dies for it is lust that fades away. Love bonds
for a lifetime but lust just pushes away."
9. "Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a
10. "Where there is love there is life."
11. "The supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are
12. "Kisses kept are wasted;
13. "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always
some reason in madness."
14. "Love, free as air at sight of human ties,
15. "Love is a spirit of all compact of fire."
16. "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind;
17. "Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better."
18. "The course of true love never did run smooth."
19. "They do not love that do not show their love."
20. "Love has features which pierce all hearts, he wears a bandage
which conceals the faults of those beloved. He has wings, he comes quickly
and flies away the same."
21. "Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here."
22. "To know someone here or there with whom you can feel there
is understanding in spite of distances or thoughts expressed -- that can
make life a garden."
24. "But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the
sunshine of life; and thanks to a benevolent arrangement of things, the
greater part of life is sunshine."
25. "Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another
human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled
26. "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can
sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
27. "A friend is a gift you give yourself."
28. "Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly."
29. "Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."
30. "Where does the family start? It starts with a young man falling
in love with a girl -- no superior alternative has yet been found."
31. "I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when
I am with you."
32. "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be
seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart."
33. "My best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it
for my sake."
34. "Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies."
35. "A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature."
36. "It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford
to be stupid with them."
37. "The only way to have a friend is to be one."
38. "Real friendship is shown in times of trouble; prosperity is
full of friends."
39. "A true friend is the greatest of all blessings, and that which
we take the least care of all to acquire."
40. "However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship."
41. "Hold a true friend with both your hands."
42. "To me, fair friend, you never can be old
43. "Friendship is constant in all other things
44. "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you
are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the
45. "Friendship is the marriage of the soul, and this marriage is
liable to divorce."
46. "Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There
is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship."
47. "We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means
of inspiration and survival."
48. "Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of
the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourself a difficult
task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in
49. "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count.
It's the life in your years."
50. "Life must be lived and curiosity kept alive. One must never,
for whatever reason, turn his back on life."
Glossary References Links Contact