Seated Hip/Thigh Abductor Machine
This piece of equipment works the outer hip and outer butt area. This machine, although it can be used by both men and women, is often used by women who want to tone and tighten those “trouble spots” - the hips and butt.
Setting up the machine
How to use
- This machine does not require any special setting up, but may have a lever to set the distance.
- Set the desired weight load.
- Sit down on the machine and place your legs onto the foot pedals provided on either side. Your hands should hold onto the handlebars on either side as pictured in the image below.
- It is important to keep your back straight throughout this movement; do not arch it unnaturally.
- Take a deep breath in and as you exhale, open the thighs as wide as possible within your range of motion.
- Hold for a count of one, keeping the buttocks contracted before returning to the starting position.
- Do not relax the muscle fully until you have completed the required number of repetitions per set.
You can vary the targeting of the buttocks by leaning slightly forward. If the seat of the machine is straight, there is no variation option and you should follow the instructions above. However, if the seat is slightly dipped downwards in the middle of the machine, you can try leaning forward for a different variation to target a lower portion of the buttocks muscle.
Author: Dimi Ingle
Copyright: Remedium. This article may not be copied, in whole or in part, without the written consent of Remedium.