What Are Superfruits?
Superfruit, a marketing term first used in the food and beverage industry in 2005, refers to a fruit which combines exceptional nutrient richness and antioxidant quality with appealing taste that can stimulate and retain loyalty for consumer products.
Superfruits are generally defined by:
- The density of the nutrients provided.
- The antioxidant power offered. It is the incredible ability antioxidants have to fight free radicals in our bodies that give super fruits such powerful potential health benefits.
- The health benefit potential.
- The ability of the particular fruit to affect other cell and molecular structures.
- The amount of clinical research that has already been carried out on the particular fruit.